Labels

Thursday, August 5, 2010

WE MEET TO PART AND WE PART TO MEET

Sometimes I think about how I used to spend hours on end talking to a friend, who seems miles away now, since we parted from school or college. And still one day when we meet again its like we have always been together (at least that's how I feel most often, though its possible that's not how everybody feels ...) and we chat away like always ...

So we do meet one day, become good friends, only to part another day when we choose different paths that will take us in separate directions. But quite often our paths meet again or we make the paths meet, if just for a while, so we could get to know how things are with our loved ones.

Long ago, when there were no cell phones, emails or maybe even land phones ... people had to leave up to chance the possibility of meeting a friend once they go off in their own separate ways ... But now it is easier to find a friend, meet up and generally know how a friend is doing even if we are miles away on totally different paths that we chose to follow ...

So I often make it a point to contact people who mean so much to me, at least sometime when I find the time and space ... so that I could know what their life has brought them and how they are faring in their chosen paths. It might be a month or even a year since I last heard from them but that doesn't stop me from crossing their path when I feel the urge to.

I often wonder why people hesitate to call their friends, just because its been too long since they called them last, or maybe by petty thoughts such as "couldn't they also make an effort to call back?" ... because it always comes to the question - does that matter? As long as you love that friend and feel like speaking to him/her, what does it matter when you last spoke, or who initiated the contact?

So I still float in and out of my friend's lives at my whim, and always welcome them to float in when they feel like taking a glimpse at mine ...

No comments:

Post a Comment