Labels

Monday, May 11, 2009

Bharathy Subramani

My school mate from 9th to 12th

She is my best friend from school. It was that part of my life when I was a recluse, a reserved type, basically because I was too shy to talk to people and to boys in particular, and most of the girls at school belonged to another genre, with more interest in MTV, fashion, make ups, looks, nail polish ... what girls are normally interested in, and I kind of was a bit different - a tom boy, not interested in any of those things and didn't find the conversations interesting. I loved sports ... and so that was one thing that made me real happy, playing basketball and the various other games. Bharathy was also a bit different ... not all that much into the girlish stuff, also interested in playing out doors and having fun, a down to earth person whom i could connect with. She was not pretentious and was one of the few people I could relate to in school. She was a fun person. Someone with a ready smile. Who was just the opposite of what I was back then, and I really admired her ability to easily mingle with people and get along, and just go full out. She wasn't scared of anything, and well I liked her a lot. One of the only people I had a bit of possessiveness about without knowing it. I am normally never possessive and I was surprised when I didn't like her getting attached to other friends in 12th ... I seriously had insecurity issues back then I guess ... but when I realised I was getting possessive I did manage to get out of it ... and well I hate possessiveness in me or anyone being possessive about me ... so i got rid of it. She was also a bit naive about a lot of things back then ... and so was I, and had a little less awareness of surroundings ... he he ... and really no qualms about calling out all the names under the sun when someone deserved it ... or for fun (when someone asked for it) ... well I guess I did learn quite a few Tamil swear words from her ... not anything serious - just a few like "Pombala poriki, sombheri pasu ... paye ... pisache ... sory naye ..." etc ... she is a really caring person ... who is a good singer ... who can be real fun to hang out with!!! Who can cheer u up ... who can make friends out of complete strangers if left with such a group ... who can be depended on and trusted to be with u always ... she is always a great friend ... and we keep in touch as often as we can ... which isn't as much as i would like but well ... we could always talk like we did just yesterday be it after a month or after a year ... I guess true friendship has no rules and borders ...

No comments:

Post a Comment