Labels

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Abhijith - the "Dodo"

A friend who helped me get my current job.

He is the one who told me about the employee referral program and helped forward my resume through a friend of his working here. He also helped me make up my mind to come all the way to Bangalore for the tests and interviews ... how that came to be was because initially I wasn't even going to consider coming thinking I haven't heard of the company and its too far to come just for the test and interview, also since I was preparing to attend a few tests back home. But then he was like after he had gone to all the trouble, I should at least consider it properly - which made me enquire about the company through a cousin of mine, who told its a very good company. And after all the tests and interviews, I am here, having completed my probation - a permanent employee ... :).

He is quite sure of himself and can talk himself into or out of anything he wants ... quite a talent. His day starts only after 10am or possibly even 11am ... he might belong to the vampire family - usually can be seen online all night long ... He is quite ambitious and strives to get what he wants when it comes to his work ... and in the career point of view, I do look up to him.

He loves playing video games, he is addicted to the net (which was how we became friends - orkut ... :D ) ... He loves movies, he is into blogging and strongly protests for causes he believes in ... he is an atheist (so am I and many of my friends ...) ... He hates religious intolerance and oppression against the weak ... loves to travel ... and cares a lot for his family. He is also very caring and a bit over protective of his friends ... and is a good company. He isn't normally very open nor very good at speaking his mind out, except with real close friends. On the negative side, he could be real rude, and well is often trying to compete for "The Rudie of the year" title, and his favorite expression could be "JITL (Jump In The Lake)". He is also very sensitive and gets riled up over small things. Anyway I am glad I met this guy because he has become a real good friend of mine, and I really enjoy his company... :)

1 comment: