Labels

Monday, April 25, 2011

Cross Road In my life

Its a time I am again thinking what to do with my life ... a moment I am considering higher studies as an option ... but am happy with my work ... not quite wanting to go anywhere yet, but my gut feelings telling me its time to brush up my knowledge and go to another new phase and new setting in my life ... a couple of years abroad in college wouldn't hurt ...

Also it would keep my mind away from the main focus of my life, the lack of a sex life even after completing a quarter century on earth, and would eliminate that as the reason for marriage - coz that really is a stupid reason to want to get married or maybe not when you are desperate. However I would like that not to be the sole reason for marriage. But right now I can't think of any other reason.

Anyway I would soon see if I am going to proceed with this new venture of preparing for GRE and TOEFL, the gate ways to study abroad or not. If my current thought process goes strong, I would pursue it and study to my best. Lets hope things work out for the best.

Also all these thoughts make me forget scanning the crowd for a prospective life partner ... postponing that to a later date.

Now a thought comes to my mind ... having read an article by a lady (possibly feminist?) about being wary of the mating games that meeting any available single human of the opposite sex invariably triggers, making both of you circle in mutual appraisal ... which unless you make a conscious effort, continues to be a ritual till you find a satisfactory significant other. Hence I think I will have to tell myself this is going to happen unless I make a conscious effort to not do what I have the gut feeling to do. In my case, this is very hard to implement since I happen to be an instinct person - I seldom ignore my gut feelings.

Well this is life, with its numerous cross roads, but I hope my affinity to one or other members of the opposite sex would not be a reason for me to not pursue my interests in the world at large. But again ... how things would turn out ... is always "wait and see" for me ... nothing can be predicted ...

No comments:

Post a Comment