Labels

Friday, March 25, 2011

A day which is Special ... but quiet and peaceful

Its rare that I get days when my mind is not in a turmoil ... and I am not in a hurry to get anything done ... Unfortunately I couldn't pen down my thoughts on this day, as I guess I was too much at peace to pen down much.

So now I am recollecting from memory, that one cherished day, when I felt at peace to the world, like a traveler who has decided to take a little rest to stretch ones leg during a long journey, without worrying about the distance that needs to be completed, knowing that this rest will help in refreshing and regaining his lost energy, and help him to move ahead with renewed spirits.

Once you stop worrying, and decide that this day will be yours, you are in a state of mind ... which is at peace ... and its rare to feel something like this ... when you cherish yourself and keep a day only for yourself. So I pamper myself, take a long happy oil bath, feel all fresh ... stretch out and read a nice romance ... cry when the heroine of the novel is distressed by being misunderstood and then rejoice when things (as always happens in a romance novel) ends happily ... feeling that its sometimes nice to read a happy book, even though you know how its going to turn out in general, even before you start reading the book.

A little talk with your dear darling room mates, and then get something you crave - probably just a gopi Manchurian (a cauliflower dish - Chinese), which happens to be something I always like. And that makes you have a nice calm, relaxed day ...

Though there wasn't anything "happening" on the day - still the day was Special - just because it was a breath of fresh air in an otherwise hectic lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment