Labels

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Looking back at the year 2009 ...


I just thought that since new year has arrived - year 2010 ... I should look back and atleast briefly enter the changes that went in on my life - and yes I have been ignoring this blog for a good five months now - and well a lot has been going on in my life too which kind of kept me busy ...

So let me start with what kept me away - I landed with a job in Bangalore, in the IT industry as a software developer ( OK trainee now ... but am hired for a developer post). It all happened fast - and so have been in Bangalore for the past 5 months since July 21st.

Life here has been going good - in my first month of training 17 of us new recruits planned and went for a trip to Wonder La - a water theme amusement park in Bangalore. It was an awesome experience - got into most land rides save 4, and well these rides we missed were just because too many land rides kind of get you feeling uneasy - and we were also hungry by then ... then went for almost all water rides, the rain dance was superb - for which we went 3 times and had a lot of fun. I couldn't move for two days after all that exertions.

The training got over well and then of the 25 freshers, 10 went to Mumbai as they were recruited for jobs there - and the rest of us were put into different projects and I had another 4 with me in mine. Now we started of with the next training on the job here - had food outside - got first salary, bought dress for mom, brother and grandparents, life went on ...

Now by October I joined a karate class, Kyokushin - under Sensei Ravi Carvalho, and though it was a bit hard at first - primarily body pain due to sudden exercise - I continued and after a grading on December 13th I received a double promotion to Orange Senior. Thus I am now fulfilling a dream to learn Karate which I had from when I was a kid.

Then I also celebrated our company's annual celebration and danced at the disco party which started as part of the celebration ... had lots of fun. And finally on new years day I went on a trip to mysore, saw many wonderful places about which my friend - Pragyan has written so well ...
here is the link : Mysore Trip ... :D

So thats all that had been going on in my life so far ...

1 comment:

  1. cool Arathi... dis is a good way 2 write blogs..!! ur blog is really cool
    keep blogging

    ReplyDelete