Labels

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Moi Instinct

Well I have this habit of following my instinct and doing things. When I say following my instinct it doesn't always mean I am doing things on the spur of the moment, no. I sometimes really do feel like doing something, and it may not seem to have a logical reason, or plausible explanation of why I feel like doing so at that moment. And at such times I don't just do what ever I feel just like that, but give it some thought for a couple of days or more. But usually one way or another I still end up doing what I felt the desire to do, be it sooner or later. So anyway I have accepted the facts that I follow my instincts and I try not to cause too much damage to the external factors such as other people involved in my action which my instinct tells me to do. I often tend to think about it by putting myself in the place of the people involved and try to understand what my actions would mean to them. And well if some of my actions are definitely going to cause some strong reactions I at least try to make my actions less of an explosive surprise as possible. I never like to hurt anyone else as far as possible, and if a situation arises where in it is inevitable to hurt someone the least I could do is to reduce the effects of it as much as I possibly can. And I do know my intentions not being to hurt wouldn't mean the person would feel any better about it, but sometimes I really have to do certain things for following what I believe in.

I often do things because that's what I believe is the right thing to do, and well different people have their own rights and wrongs, and I do accept that and I don't expect others to follow my beliefs. But I follow my heart, my instincts and my sense of righteousness in my actions except when I am confronted with choosing a path where in there is nothing "right", if I am to go forward I have to do "wrong". Then its a choice of the less damaging wrong. Anyway my life is not based on a planned or set path, I rarely plan ahead. I just follow a path as life takes me along, and usually restrict myself to doing things for immediate future. When two roads appear in front of me I follow my instinct and choose the road. And to be perfectly honest the reason I am still doing so is because my instincts have seldom let me down. And by seldom I should be tempted to say only a hand full of times, and those where due to other perfectly natural urges a human being has which the artificiality of the "civilized world" has connoted into a set of "rights" and "wrongs" that cannot be explained to the natural urges. So there where times when my "civilized human mind" could not win against the strength of nature's designs. Hence I have to say such instincts have made me slightly feel regretful of my actions simply because I tend to be confused in certain of my "right" actions, which have been embedded into me by my society and my current social environment. But having some exposure to the wide world of so many "rights" and "wrongs" I often find myself making amendments to certain of those "rights" and "wrongs" I have defined for myself. But well there are a few I tend to hold very precious and would be devastated if I am to have to find them "wrong".

But nevertheless I tend to live a life of not many regrets, and try my best to follow a path which I would know I would have followed given a chance to choose again. And well my instincts are something I have learned to trust on this. So I continue to follow the path that my instinct tells me.

No comments:

Post a Comment