Labels

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

How do you decide what is ok ...

Its a good question ... how would you decide what is if not necessarily a good thing, at least not a bad thing to do? How do you take things that you face in life to be? How can something be good or bad? Hmmm ...

If its something that causes physical or emotional trauma then its a straight forward bad - like say an accident, or a break up with your boy friend.

If its something that causes a positive response in you, makes you happy, its definitely good - say like getting a promotion, or the love of your life marrying you.

Then there are a lot of things that would bring you happiness but may not be socially accepted. This can vary from place to place, community to community, vary with gender and so on ...

Such things can vary - drinking, smoking, drugs, sex, homosexuality, infidelity, polygamy, dressing ... list is long ... Now don't take me for a sociopath for saying this, but I guess as long as someone isn't being a public nuisance, I would say its a personal choice to make ... whether something is good or bad.

Anyway personally I feel anything in moderation is okay ... and you live your life only once, so its fine if its something that doesn't harm a fellow being - i am not talking about harming them because they are shocked at what you do ... that's none of their business unless they are involved directly in your scheme of things.

Anyway I live my life my way ... I do want to live it to the maximum ... and I want to not restrict myself to what is expected, I do not like monotony ... and I want adventure ... doesn't mean to say I go all out and do crazy stuff ... I don't define other people's life for them either - its theirs to live, unless they do something harmful to me, it isn't mine to interfere with.

But yeah ... I do crazy stuff that others may feel that I shouldn't, especially living in a still more or less chauvinistic society ... But its my life ... and I am deciding whats ok for me to do ... And yeah I do everything willing to face the consequences should someone be offended by it ... they are free to boycott me ... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment