Labels

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Resisting temptation - demon at work!

This is an interesting story from real life, where a friend of mine wanted to become slim and she decided to go on a one week diet regime.

So this is how the diet regime works:

Day 1: Fruits (You can consume only fruits the whole day)
Day 2: Vegetables
Day 3: Fruits and vegetables
and so on ...

Today happens to be day 2, and I have asked her only about tomorrow so far. We are lunch buddies so I need to kinda know what her diet is since we need to decide on where to go for lunch.

So we have a guy also with us, and all of us are foodies, though the guy and I don't look it. So now that he knows she is on a diet, he keeps mentioning all kinds of interesting food items we can have, such as biriyani, meat, chicken, etc etc

Poor girl looks so forlorn, and probably goes through hell hearing it, though she is steadfast on her one week diet regime, at least for the two days so far. I guess the fact that its just for a week kind of helps her to keep going.

If I could but upload some pics of her face, you can understand what a pressure it is to withstand temptation of food for a foodie ... she has a tortured look on her face looking at the fruits and vegetables she has to eat, and a very distressed look at having to resist what we order.

Now I am trying to gain weight, not loose, so no point in me taking the diet with her, though I eat what she eats along with other stuff, and the other stuff is what gets to her. And the guy eats and then looses it at the gym. So no dieting for him either. And to top it off he keeps pulling her leg, "One piece of chicken won't make a difference, come now, you can eat one ...".

He he, that's when I said it looks like devil vs Angel, Devil(the guy) tempting with the offer of just one little bite of fatty food(evil), and the poor dear hoping that she would be able to stick to the veggies (good).

Boy, is it hard to resist temptation. Guess that makes me think, only way you could diet is if the diet tastes good. And funny enough when you are not supposed to eat something, the more you want to eat it. And when you are supposed to eat something, the less you want that.

So maybe if you can make veggies and fruits into something exotic people might go for it. Though who ever mentions diet keeps telling, the less appealing the food, the better it is for you.

Now that is really crap:
- For one, you can really prepare things in so many different ways, that some preparation ought to appeal to you.
- And second, its also partly what you decide to like.

Trust me you can like anything you want, as long as you keep your mind open to accepting things and really getting to know how it tastes, and enjoy it slowly. Maybe not everything, but more than what you like right now.

Also you can acquire taste for many a thing. Its just that you have to decide to like it. That works with me anyway.

I actually do like fruits and veggies, though wouldn't want to eat that alone for too long. Probably also because I am not on diet (:P).

And I guess everyone goes through resisting temptation in one form or another, so I guess you can empathize with my poor friend, and wish her all the best in her difficult journey for the week ... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment